Experience: 3+ years
Location: Platform, New Station Street, Leeds, LS1 4JB
If you’re an ambitious and experienced QA and Test Engineer who thrives on working with the best to create success for big name clients, this could be your next challenge.
9xb is an eCommerce specialist that exists to challenge the way online experiences are delivered, offering technical, practical and creative solutions that overcome barriers to growth. We design award winning eCommerce websites for some fantastic clients, including bathstore, EuroCarParts, Hi-Tec, The Post Office, and many more.
9xb are seeking a self-motivated and proactive QA and Test Engineer to establish and evolve the testing function within 9xb. Working in an Agile environment, you will have experience of QA and testing ecommerce Web applications, from development to deployment and maintenance. As QA and Test Engineer, you will emphasize quality at every step of the SDLC, and be able to deliver new technologies and approaches to streamline the testing process throughout 9xb.
9xb have a continuously enhancing technology stack, including the Symfony Framework (PHP), Vue.js, REST APIs, AWS, and Bitbucket Pipelines. Therefore, you should have a strong technical background and be able to create and maintain manual and automated tests at multiple layers of the application stack.
Skills, experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working collaboratively with development and project management teams to agree testing scope, requirements, and test entry/exit criteria
- Proven experience introducing and implementing appropriate test strategies, and driving the adoption of effective testing throughout the SDLC
- Contribute to Agile ceremonies including sprint planning meetings, retrospectives and standups
- Excellent knowledge of available automated and manual test tools, and where to use them most effectively
- Experienced in interacting with APIs and MySQL databases to support testing
- Define clear test plans, create test scripts and perform test executions
- Manual and automated regression testing
- Validation of work package User Acceptance Criteria to ensure effective testing can be achieved
- Browser and device testing
- Ability to work within multiple active projects concurrently
- Experience of JIRA for Defect Management and Test Cases
- Experience in TDD and BDD
- Experience of automated frameworks including Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience in the LAMP stack and related front-end technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment (AWS/Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Version control using Git and Bitbucket
If successful, you’ll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Regular performance based pay reviews
- Spot bonuses for exceptional work
- Career progression opportunities
- Development and training
- An environment where you’re supported, encouraged, and can thrive
- Choice of working location (Harrogate or Leeds City Centre)
- A varied client base across all industries and sectors
- A fun and hardworking company culture
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Regular social events and ‘lunch on us’ every month
Think you could be one of us?
Please contact Ben Kay (b.kay at 9xb dot com), with full CV and relevant experience